Hey y'all! Welcome to Southern Wife with a French Twist. I'm so happy you have decided to drop by my little space of the internet.
My name is Britton, and I am from Atlanta, GA. I moved to ATL when I was around two years old, and I consider it my hometown. Forever I Love Atlanta (FILA) is something you will see around here often.
I was destined to have the travel bug. There is no way around it. I consider Lille, France to by my second home after spending many a summer there with my French family during high school and through college. Have any questions about traveling through France or Belgium? I'm your girl! I could talk your ear off about the amazing things you can do and see in both countries.
I recently married my high school sweetheart, and I am loving being a wife! We both love to travel and cook. Pat is a former professional soccer player and is now finishing up school (HOORAY!). He loves one kind of football, and I love the other kind. We both hope to live in Europe again one day, but we also want to raise our family down here in the south. We are both self proclaimed nerds. I mean we did get engaged at Harry Potter world after all! He's super outgoing, and I am a little more on the shy side. I like to think we balance each other out perfectly! :)
A few random things about me-
- I really do say "y'all" a lot in real life. I never noticed that I did until a friend of mine from high school pointed out that I do and that I'm the most "southern" one out of our group. I guess that's what happens when you have Mississippi and Alabama roots!
- I can speak French fluently
- DC is my second favorite city in the US
- It has been a life long dream of mine to go to Salzburg, Austria and run through the hills just like Maria did.
- I am the oldest child in my family by a lot. I am 8 years older than my sister and 11 and 12 years older than my brothers.
- I love to write but suck at grammar. Sorry grammar Nazis!
- I love to bake but I don't ever really eat what I bake. I get everything I need out of my baked goods in the process of baking. My poor poor husband has to eat so many freshly baked goods on his own ;)
- I'm an anomaly- a redheaded, left handed stepchild
I can't wait to get to know each of you and please leave a comment. That way I can hope on over to your little place of the internet.
Y'all stick around now!