Image Map

Friday, May 25, 2012

I promise I'll get better at this. One day.

Well, since starting this blog I've started a full time job and this thing got put on the backburner. Oops! Now that I am officially settled in (and all grownup like) I think I'll get better at this ... I hope!

Life has been crazy busy over the past month. The soccer team Pat coaches finished it's season with it's best record ever. Not that I'm surprised or anything. Child has a gift when it comes to relating to other people and coaching them in way they'll understand. So thankful he does because Lord knows I have a hard time doing that.

We had our engagement party on May 12th (364 days from our big day). We had a BLAST! We have both been so incredibly blessed with amazing family and friends. It was so amazing to see so many people who we love in one place. Not to mention, it was a great practice round for the real deal. Now I know that a 5 hour energy may be my best friend that day. Seriously.

We both enjoyed celebrating our Mommas the next day. I know that I have been blessed with the most amazing momma for me. The older I get the more I respect her and understand why she does things the way she does. It's not so embarrassing when she calls people out for doing things wrong. Maybe it's a Steel Magnolia kind of thing. She doesn't get pushed around ever. Maybe it's not so embarrassing now because I am slowly turning into her. Looks like that Steel Magnolia backbone has officially kicked in, y'all. Hate to tell ya, but I'm not even sorry about it. Don't mess with the people I love because it won't be pretty. We stick up for own down here and will do just about anything to protect them. It's a southern thing.

We went to the beach the next weekend, and I was so excited I got to see my uncle for the first time in what seems like forever. He lives on a boat in St. Pete (be jealous) and is seriously the most talented photographer I know. He's got an amazing gift. It should come as no surprise since he's always winning a new award. I mean, you gotta brag on the guy you're mom thought so highly of she named her only daughter after him. Right??

The finace and I


One of the many fishies I caught on our deep sea fishing adventure
I'm ready to go back. NOW.
The real reason for the trip was so that Pat's mom could see her BFF from high school before she starts on her next adventure to Saudi Arabia (that's a whole nother blog for another day). We had a blast hanging out in their Tiki Hut all weekend and introducing them to the wonderful sport of soccer.

I'll be back soon, y'all. I promise.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from those of you that stop by. So leave a comment and let me know what you think. I respond to comments via e-mail. If you have your profile set up to no-reply then I can't send you a reply and that makes me sad because I love comments! They make me giddy and sometimes make my day :)