Image Map

Monday, December 9, 2013

Twice the Thanksgiving!

The holiday season is always an insanely busy one for Pat and I. Both of our parents are divorced so sometimes it feels like we are running around, and we have no idea what we are doing. Which is probably true...

Thanksgiving Eve this year we went out to a local gem and had dinner with my dad. The OK Cafe is one of those places I always remember going to as a kid. I mean what kid doesn't love a tree that grows money?! Okay, who am I kidding... us adults would love this 1000 times more!

The BEST Chicken Pot Pie I have had in a long time

For Thanksgiving Day we made the trek to Birmingham, AL for my grandmother's house. It was a great meal with my grandmother, mom, stepdad, brothers, and Pat. It couldn't have gotten anymore stereotypical. All the women cooked and the men watched football/player soccer/played video games. Awesome.

Too.Much.Technology.

My mom and stepdad



We got the wishbone and of course we can't do anything the easy way. We managed to break it right.down.the.middle. Seriously.


The Saturday after Thanksgiving we had our meal with Pat's parents. We decided we wanted to try and fry our turkey this year. I was the only one who had ever had fried turkey before so they were all trusting me on this one. The process couldn't have been any easier and it was amazing. 

Pat and his stepdad frying up the turkey


All-in-all, it was a great thanksgiving! Now to finish wrapping all of our presents and getting ready for our own version of "Four Christmases." Here we go! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from those of you that stop by. So leave a comment and let me know what you think. I respond to comments via e-mail. If you have your profile set up to no-reply then I can't send you a reply and that makes me sad because I love comments! They make me giddy and sometimes make my day :)