Image Map

Monday, July 29, 2013

The day before forever.


Well, we finally got our wedding pictures back so here I am getting ready to document everything. I'm going to start with the day before the wedding at the Rehearsal dinner. 

This might sound weird to some, but I think our Rehearsal Dinner was my favorite part of the weekend. It was at one of our favorite restaurants, La Petite Maison. As an American-Frenchie, I am obsessed with French food. The food at this place is perfection. Not to mention, they don't skimp on the portions! We got to spend time eating just us two and got to spend time with our families. Here are some pictures from the night- 
So we took one whole picture at the rehearsal. Glad I actually managed to get one of us!

I will be forever grateful of this man, mon pere francaise. So thankful he was there and with my family. Where he belongs.

I will be forever grateful for this woman, ma mere francaise. Proud of her and the English she learned for the trip! :)

Love this! Frenchies plus my brother and us

Can you tell we've been sobbing crying here?? We've known each other for 23 years now (woah) and the weekend just wouldn't have been the same without her there. 


All of the Schirra cousins. We always have to get this picture because the eight of us are never in the same place, at the same time.

We had to get one last "engaged" picture. Sweet Em will be getting married in October in Memphis. I can't wait to celebrate you Labor Day weekend in NOLA! 

My Phi Mu LA-dies! LIOB :)

My family has a tradition at Rehearsal Dinners. We love to give speeches and tell embarrassing stories of the couple from through out their lives. My aunt's story had to be the most memorable. She told the story of how she never saw me without my "mommy shirt" when I was little. An old Mississippi State sweatshirt that my mom got in college and has somehow lasted the test of time. My aunt was shocked to hear that I still have it, AND that I still wear it. I guess I do get attached to some things? Here it is-

It's a good thing I ended up going to MSU for college, and it is probably the most comfortable piece of clothing I own. I think it'll be awhile before I officially retire it. :)

I really wish I had been more conscience of taking more pictures that night. Oh well! We will always remember the great food (French food is the best!), great company and great stories!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from those of you that stop by. So leave a comment and let me know what you think. I respond to comments via e-mail. If you have your profile set up to no-reply then I can't send you a reply and that makes me sad because I love comments! They make me giddy and sometimes make my day :)