Image Map

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Super Bowl Food Part 1- Sausage Balls

I don't know about y'all, but I love football. I love everything about it- the food, the tailgating, the atmosphere... I could go on. Being in the south, I am all about college football. We eat, breathe and live college football down here. I'm kind of sad that it is over, but I can't wait for the Super Bowl! The Super Bowl is one of the few days I feel very okay about just letting my whole diet go. I can't wait for all the good dips and bite sized foods.

For this link up I am sharing one of my favorite dishes that my roommate and I perfected in college, Sausage Balls! These are super easy to make and they are so good. My roommate and I would crave these and just randomly make them. We took them to a lot of tailgates and they never lasted long! Most people have this recipe or one similar to it. It is so easy and doesn't take long to make!

Ingredients:
1 pound of packaged sausage (mild or hot)
3 cups of Bisquick
4 cups of grated sharp cheddar cheese
Pepper (I just eyeball how much I'm going to use)
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees before you begin making the sausage balls.
Ingredients- I forgot to take a picture before I unwrapped the sausage. Whoops!

We use hot sausage- soooooo good
Put all of your ingredients in to the same bowl and just work them all together. Since the ingredients are so dry the mixture won't all stick together like a batter would. Don't panic if it looks like it is all just looking like crumbs! You have done nothing wrong :)

All of the ingredients mixed together

Once you have worked all of the ingredients together start to form them into 1-inch balls. I just eyeball the balls and make them till they are all a little smaller than golf balls. The moisture and fat from the sausage and cheese will allow the balls to stay in the ball form.



Once you have all of them formed stick the sausage balls in the oven for 20 minutes. I usually do it for less, but our oven cooks really fast. Pat always laughs at me because he thinks I have this weird ability to just know when food is done even if the timer hasn't gone off. I really just bake by the belief that if you can really smell what ever is baking it is most likely baked all the way through or is almost done. 
Slightly brown and done :)

I hope you enjoy these! Please let me know if you try them. You won't regret it!

4 comments:

  1. I've never heard of anything like this. Looks like it could be a hit with the crowd. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having the link up! I am new to the blog world, and I'm loving hearing about all of these new recipes. Can't to try them out!

      Delete
  2. These look delicious! I have a feeling my husband would love these! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you get to try them I really do hope he enjoys them! You will be shocked at how tasty they are and how quick it is to throw them together :)

      Delete

I always love hearing from those of you that stop by. So leave a comment and let me know what you think. I respond to comments via e-mail. If you have your profile set up to no-reply then I can't send you a reply and that makes me sad because I love comments! They make me giddy and sometimes make my day :)