Image Map

Monday, October 7, 2013

Will your life be an impact on this earth for generations after you leave it?

That question has been one that has been weighing heavily on me for almost a week now. Mr. Randy, a spiritual father to many on the campus of MSU, passed away last Tuesday at 9:30 at night. You can't help but feel joy knowing what joy Mr. Randy must be feeling sitting in the presence of Jesus. He is home. He is missed. In the midst of the joy is a deep sadness and ache for all of us here. It's been a few years since I had the opportunity to sit and listen to Mr. Randy but that deep voice is one I can still hear in my mind today. It is one of the most soothing voices I have ever heard. My heart aches for his sweet wife Mrs. Maureen and his 13 children. They were all so deeply loved by their husband and their father. He loved them as everyone should be loved. His life deeply impacted many people at my college. He didn't work there, but he discipled there. I would argue that he had the most important "job" on campus. I am leaving you all with a video. It is a brief sermon about the life of Mr. Randy and how his life will have an impact on this earth for years to come. I hope it inspires and convicts you. It was just the thing I needed to hear in a time of sorrow.

http://vimeo.com/76050192


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from those of you that stop by. So leave a comment and let me know what you think. I respond to comments via e-mail. If you have your profile set up to no-reply then I can't send you a reply and that makes me sad because I love comments! They make me giddy and sometimes make my day :)