Image Map

Monday, August 12, 2013

The BEST Day. Le Fin.

I know what y'all are all probably thinking... "Finally, these wedding posts are over!" I have to have somewhere to remember the blur  that has become our wedding day. Y'all, people really weren't kidding when they said that it flies by. I still feel bad that we didn't get to talk to every one who came or get more family pictures. Here are some pictures from our reception-



Our beautiful, fabulous, amazing, talented friend Sarah Balke made our wedding cake for us. She is a good friend of ours from high school, and y'all, she did not disappoint!! She lives and works in NYC now and flew down here to do our wedding cake. Honored would be an understatement.

Apparently my "concentration face" is me holding my mouth open with my tongue sticking. Hence, there are no pictures of our faces actually cutting the cake. I need to start working on a new "concentration face" ....

1- How amazingly beautiful is that cake?! 2- I am about to brag on how amazingly delicious that thing was. I hate to admit this, but I am not a fan of wedding cake. They always end up being pound cake with super sweet icing. I love sweets but sometimes they are just too much. Well, I wanted to do something different. One of mine and Pat's favorite desserts is Key Lime Pie. Literally all we told Sarah was that we wanted a cake that was Key Lime Pie flavored. She knocked it out of the park! Our cake was a yellow cake with a key lime curd and a graham cracker streusel. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Is it our 1 year anniversary yet? We still get asked all the time who made our wedding cake, and we were told 1000 times over that it was the best wedding cake that people had ever eaten. Woah. Way to absolutely kill it, Sarah! We couldn't have dreamed of a better cake if we tried!


My little southern heart was all a flutter with our new monogram everywhere :)




An attempt at a family photo with my dad's family.


Love my cousins :)


My Uncle Johnny. One of my favorite people of all time.



Phi Mu


Pat and his momma



SPX 06






My French parents 



My momma


My baby sister who started her Senior year of high school today (What?!)



I would expect nothing else from these two. Perfect reenactment of the video if I do say so myself ;)


SuCo




It's a requirement that she does the robot at every family function


With my favorite little dudes. My brothers.


With the man I am named after- my Uncle Britt


Pat and his Kappa Sig brothers









One of two versions of my bridesmaid bouquets. These were the bouquets for my Phi Mu sisters. In the front you can see the Phi Mu Flower- the pink carnation


Hydrangeas and a monogram- Be still my heart!



Our getaway car aka my dream car

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from those of you that stop by. So leave a comment and let me know what you think. I respond to comments via e-mail. If you have your profile set up to no-reply then I can't send you a reply and that makes me sad because I love comments! They make me giddy and sometimes make my day :)