Image Map

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Throwback Thursday: Honeymoon Style

**Warning there are approximately 1000000 pictures in this post**



Here in Atlanta it's been an incredibly rainy summer. So rainy in fact that we hit the mark for the yearly average of rainfall back in the beginning of August. Throughout all of the rain I was dreaming of our one week in paradise. We both loved St. Lucia and hope to go back one day. It had the perfect mixture of two of the things we love most, water and mountains. We both only took our iPhones, but I was pleasantly surprised at how well our pictures came out! 

Breakfast Buffet: Day 1

Our first look at the beach

Stereotypical picture of husband on beach :)

I love the water. I love being in the water. I didn't last 10 minutes on the beach before getting in it.

And then I sat as close as possible for most of the day.

Of course Pat found a cat at lunch on our first day. Cat. Man.

First Dinner. First day: Success! And burned. Whoops!

Our second day was basically a repeat of our first day: pure relaxation. My favorite day of the trip was the day we spent on a boat doing an island tour.

Boat Tour

We had to. The Piton Mountains with a Piton beer.

Souvenir Picture :) 

St. Lucia is such a lush island. So beautiful and green.

Remember when I said I L-O-V-E being in the water? This was my favorite part of our trip.

The next stop was at the sulfur mud pits in what used to be a volcano. The volcano exploded years ago so now it is used as a tourist destination. Those "warm" springs are not warm... they're SCALDING. Especially for someone with a sunburn. I almost cried. Seriously. That mud bath though? I seriously don't think my skin has been that soft since I was a day old. That junk seriously works! Here is us in all of our muddy glory-


Our next stop was Pat's favorite part of the day trip, lunch. We had the amazing opportunity to go to a local's home and eat some homemade Caribbean food. I was pleasantly surprised and Pat cleaned house as usual.

The cutest little house in the rainforest: Our lunch spot
The spread.

The rest of our trip was spent on the resort. Annnnd maybe a slightly illegal trip to the abandoned island in the cove across from our resort.

That bling looks reeeeal good on you ;) and Go United!

Our spot. Our umbrella.

The Bob Marley- Not only was that drink pretty it was also so yummy!

Honey on the beach. That island in the background is one the we made our great excursion to.

THIS is the reason we made the trip. An abandoned convent is on the island. 

The view of our resort from the abandoned island.

Looking for seashells by the seashore

Kayaking back to the resort. This was my second most favorite part of the trip.

I spent the rest of my day here.

And here.

Dinner at the Italian restaurant. SO good. Antipasta bar and all!

Dinner at the nice restaurant. 

I love mousse. Annnd I was totally fascinated by my cup made of white chocolate.

Pat's favorite feature of the island, all you can eat sushi!

The sunset on our last night. Perfection.

Here are some of the complimentary "professional" pictures taken of us by a photographer at the resort.




Our favorite.


If you made it through that you deserve an award! We tried to relish every bit of our trip because that is probably the last "vacation" we will be able to go on for awhile. Our many weekend trips are going to have to do for now! 
























2 comments:

  1. Oh! It looks like you guys had a wonderful time! I loved our honeymoon, it was one of the most fun and relaxing trips ever! Your pictures make me wish we could do it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We did have an amazingly wonderful time! Hopefully we will be able to do it again some day :)

      Delete

I always love hearing from those of you that stop by. So leave a comment and let me know what you think. I respond to comments via e-mail. If you have your profile set up to no-reply then I can't send you a reply and that makes me sad because I love comments! They make me giddy and sometimes make my day :)