Image Map

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Let me tell you 'bout my best friend

Or my dog's best friends. But their owner is my real life BFF!

As I wrote yesterday, we made another last minute trip to Greenville, SC. This meant that we had to find somewhere for our Chloe girl to stay for the night. My first reaction was-

Source
Then one of my other friends says, "What about Jeff and Ellen?" It was like a light bulb just burst in my head. They have two huskies, Chloe is part husky. The three girls love to play together and it could be like one giant sleepover! I texted Ellen right away and she graciously accepted.

Not only were they wonderful enough to keep her for the night, but they also sent us pictures throughout the day. As a pet owner, nothing makes me happier than knowing my "kids" are OK while I am away.

 BUT I don't think she missed us at all...

The three BFFs
The time did come when it was time for us to bring our Chloe girl home. Her two besties were just not having it. They were howling their dissent at her leaving and throwing what would probably be a temper tantrum if they were human children. 

We get ready to put Chloe in the car and all of the sudden Pat just bursts into laughter. We all turn around to see this...



Those blinds are now permanently destroyed
Look at that nose! Haha!
Shiloh was protesting the departure of her little sis/BFF. Ellen and I always said we wanted our kids to be friends when we were growing up. I just don't think we expected it to be our dogs or for them to protest even more than we did as kids at the end of sleepovers. You just gotta love 'em and laugh at their antics.

I really don't think I have laughed that hard in a long time. Happy Tuesday, friends! And I sincerely hope you have a friend that would be just as devastated that you were leaving after a sleepover. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from those of you that stop by. So leave a comment and let me know what you think. I respond to comments via e-mail. If you have your profile set up to no-reply then I can't send you a reply and that makes me sad because I love comments! They make me giddy and sometimes make my day :)