Image Map

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Adventures in the kitchen

Does any one else out there love Pinterest for it's recipes as much as I do? I'll be honest, I think I spent more time on Pinterest looking at food then I ever did looking at stuff for our wedding. Now I'm always on there looking for new things to add to our line up. We're in the process of learning how to make dishes without using those dang sodium filled seasoning packets. So far we have tacos and fajitas down to perfection. So between family recipes and ones from Pinterest we have really built p a big supply of recipes. I'm planning on adding some of our own here. Hope you all enjoy them :) 

We call this Bubble Bread. You might call it Monkey Bread.
We learned how to make a fried turkey this past year. New Thanksgiving tradition for us!
Chocolate Peppermint Crinkle cookies. Holy Moly. These babies are good.
I finally learned how to make cheesecake. Now it's been requested for all of my husband's future birthday's :)
We tag teamed this one- oven baked fajitas with a homemade spice blend. So. Freaking. Good.

If any of you live in Atlanta or in the Metro Atlanta Area, stop what you are doing and go to the Dekalb Farmers Market. Right Now. We were literally kicking ourselves the first time we went. They have a wall of freshly ground spices that will make you so happy but will make you want to scream for spending so much money at the grocery store. The second tub of spice in the left tower? That's chili powder... for $0.74! Seriously!! We l-o-v-e this place. We get our fresh produce from them every week and it just can't be beat. Their prices are so insanely good and you can get the exact things you need without over buying. Go there if you live here. You won't regret it!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from those of you that stop by. So leave a comment and let me know what you think. I respond to comments via e-mail. If you have your profile set up to no-reply then I can't send you a reply and that makes me sad because I love comments! They make me giddy and sometimes make my day :)