Image Map

Monday, February 10, 2014

Weekend in review : Valentine's Day Part 1

Well, this weekend I finally cashed in the one present I have had sitting in my back pocket for about 3 years now. We went to Medieval Times. Pat is a nerd and is proud of it. He has dropped just about every hint one could think of when it comes to going to Medieval Times. I just always seemed to come up with better gifts.. or at least that's what I like to think! I told Pat last Tuesday what we were doing this past weekend, and I'm pretty sure he almost cried. He skipped and danced every where we went Saturday morning. Seriously. Needless to say, he was very excited.

Saturday morning was pretty normal for us- Farmer's Market right when it opens, grocery store and then cleaning. Most of the time I wish I could work from home so I could get all of those errands/chores done during the week so I could just enjoy my weekends. Sigh, maybe one day! In the middle of cleaning I decided to open the front door to bring in some extra light. I looked up and noticed that we had one victim of what we like to call, "The Ray of Death."

Punkin was down for the count

The rest of our day was dedicated to Medieval Times. You have to get there at least 75 minutes early so you can get a seat in the arena. The rest of the time was spent by us having a drink or two and checking out the "museum" they had inside. I have to say, they really have those places set up perfectly, and I really want their fireplace. I didn't take too many pictures, but it lived up to my husband's expectations. He had a blast!

We got a pair of some fancy champagne flutes with our package ;) 
I mean that fire place... just amazing!
Ready for the show to start! Can you see the excitement written all over his face?!
And those are all of the pictures I took! The show was actually pretty decent. We decided that the knights are not former soccer players because they don't know how to dive and flop properly ;) All-in-all, we had a blast, and it was so fun to have a different type of date night. Thankfully I got a great deal on a Valentines Package so we could finally go. I've already been told the next time we are in Orlando we have to go to the Middle Eastern version, Arabian Nights. Oh boy!

We have started a tradition of making ourselves one pretty decent breakfast every weekend. I'm usually on bacon duty while the husband is on omelette duty. That just happened to be Sunday morning for us. It was great as usual!

I think food tastes better when you're eating at a table you and your hubby built together :)

We were supposed to go to dinner with my family Sunday night, but my step-dad came down with the flu. So this meant I had to miss Pat's soccer game and meet my mom halfway between Atlanta and our lake house. We were in charge or making sure my little brothers got up and ready for school on time this morning. I was okay with this because I got to meet our newest family member-

Meet Bode

He's such a sweet sweet boy! He's a miniature long-haired dachshund, but he doesn't look like a dachshund at all. Can't wait for them to get home so I can play with him again. Pat's a little upset at them for getting a dog because I am now in full on puppy fever. I may or may not have gotten the computer taken away from me last night so I would stop looking at puppies online. Whoops!

 We're gearing up for round two of a terrible winter storm down here in Atlanta. They're saying this one is supposed to be worse then our last one and saying it could possibly be a "historic" winter storm. Call me crazy, but that doesn't sound fun at all! I have a new found respect for all of you that deal with what I would call a "normal" winter up north and in the mid west. I don't know how y'all do it! 

I hope you all had fabulous weekends and have an even better week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from those of you that stop by. So leave a comment and let me know what you think. I respond to comments via e-mail. If you have your profile set up to no-reply then I can't send you a reply and that makes me sad because I love comments! They make me giddy and sometimes make my day :)