Image Map

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Key Lime Pound Cake

It's that time of year, ladies and gents. It's Key Lime everythang time! You know, that time before it becomes peach everythang. 

ANYWAY! This is a recipe my mom got from a church fundraiser that she and I helped cook for when we lived in Gulfport, MS. It is so stinking easy and SO delicious. 

KEY LIME POUND CAKE



Cake
1 box of Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme cake mix
1 box of instant lemon pudding
4 large eggs
1/2 cup of Key Lime juice
Glaze
2 cups of powdered sugar
1/4 cup of Key Lime juice

Directions
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare your bundt pan by greasing the pan. I do this with the baking version of Pam. You can also do this by rubbing butter on the inside of the pan then sprinkling it with flour.
Combine all 6 of the cake ingredients in one bowl. Once they are all combined then beat the batter for 2 minutes.
Pour evenly into the bundt pant and then bake for 50-60 minutes.

Right out of the oven

After sitting for 5-10 minutes out of the oven. That's the perfect time to remove this cake from the pan.
Ta-da!  Finished product
This cake really is so super easy to make and almost everyone loves it. If you are not a fan of key lime pie or anything tart then this cake is not for you. If you love all of those things like I do then I suggest you make this cake when you are going somewhere or else you will eat it all.


Do you have a favorite Key Lime recipe?

Happy Key Lime season, y'all!

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I love key lime pie :) I actually sampled a key lime pie DIP over the weekend-- dangerously good!!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from those of you that stop by. So leave a comment and let me know what you think. I respond to comments via e-mail. If you have your profile set up to no-reply then I can't send you a reply and that makes me sad because I love comments! They make me giddy and sometimes make my day :)