Image Map

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Stitch Fix #3- Meh

You know what makes a 12 hour day so much better? Getting home and seeing this package-


If that picture doesn't scream happiness to you then I just can't with you right now (Any one else notice how that's the phrase now?? So strange! What does it mean? You just can't with me? Huh?)

I had some seriously high expectations after my last fix. It was insanely awesome. I even pinned a lot of stuff to my StitchFix Pinterest Board. There was no way they could send me any duds now!!!

Looks promising....

... WRONG.

1. Papermoon Wynn Mixed Dot Print Front Pocket Blouse


Ok, I actually liked this top a little bit. I was honestly really overwhelmed when I first saw it. I mean, that's a lot of dots. I was kind of all meh about it and then I tried it on. I love these tab-sleeve shirts that are in style right now. As much as this shirt grew on me I just couldn't find any logic in keeping it. NEXT.

2. Fun2Fun Colibri Heart Print Tab-Sleeve Blouse


Look, no matter what setting I put my camera on there was no way I was going to make this shirt look good. I saw "tab-sleeve" in the description and got seriously pumped. And then that heart pattern. Uhhh, I'm not 5. I don't know about y'all but a heart pattern like that makes me think of little girls. And then that material... yikes is the nicest word I can think of for it. Really. NEXT

3. Toss Providence Color Blocked Tassel Clutch


I am having some serious seperation anxiety when it comes to this clutch. I want it, I need it, oh baby. For reals though. Why oh why did you have to be almost $50?! You went back to Stitch Fix land and I may have shed a tear or two... NEXT

4. C. Luce Katrina Cut Out Detail Fit & Flare Dress
WOOF. Ohmygosh. I just.... why on God's green earth does this dress exist?! I was a little worried when I first pulled this out of the box but remembered the other stuff I've tried that wasn't not the norm for me turned out OK. Y'all, I looked like a linebacker. I didn't think I could ever look that way. I mean, I wasn't even wearing shoulder pads!!!!! I looked and sounded like this cat-


This dress is the sol reason you don't see me trying on these clothes. Just no. NEXT.

5. Ezra Shaye Ribbon Detail V-Neck Blouse


And the angels sang!!! This shirt was the saving grace of this box. Color- check. Style/Cut- check. Fun little detailing- check. Only- $28- CHECKCHECKCHECK!!! KEPT (you know just in case you didn't get that before...)

Overall, this box was a bit of a letdown but that had to happen eventually. Not every box is going to be perfect. I still do love me some Stitch Fix, and I'm already looking forward to my next Fix. 20 more days just in case you were wondering.... Here's to getting some really great pieces for our DC trip coming up in just a little bit!!

Do you think I made the right decisions on what I sent back and what I kept? 

If you're interested in Stitch Fix please click here to sign-up. *Disclaimer- I do get a $25 credit if you click on that link.* It's $20 per Fix and that $20 goes towards whatever you keep from the box. If you purchase all 5 items you get everything 20% off. I seriously could not recommend Stitch Fix enough. It has made me step out of my comfort zone and given me some really great pieces. Give it a try and let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from those of you that stop by. So leave a comment and let me know what you think. I respond to comments via e-mail. If you have your profile set up to no-reply then I can't send you a reply and that makes me sad because I love comments! They make me giddy and sometimes make my day :)