Image Map

Friday, May 16, 2014

101 in 1001 Update

I am one of those people who gets all gung-ho about doing stuff and then never does it. I have to write things down in order for me to do them. There is something so seriously satisfying about crossing something off a list. Hence my 101 in 1001 list. Let's see how I've been doing-

1. Go to the movies five times
2. Volunteer on a Habitat for Humanity house
3. Volunteer at the Atlanta Mission
4. Consistently put away $100 into savings from each pay check for 3 months- Welllll, sorta. Does putting it in there and then using it for emergency purposes count? No? Crap. I need to get better about being serious about my savings.
5. Do a "no spend" month
6. Go visit friends who live more than 5 hours away
7. Hike and camp out at Tallulah Gorge
8. Finish a Beth Moore Bible study with a friend
9. Journal every day for a month
10. Celebrate our 1 year anniversary Completed 5.11.14
11. Celebrate our 2nd anniversary
12. Celebrate our 3rd anniversary
13. Go see a musical with my husband
14. Go to at least two concerts
15. Take a weekend trip to Savannah
16. Go to the beach
17. Go and visit my grandmothers just because
18. Go to Asheville, NC for a day trip
19. Learn how to solemn ski
20. Go white water rafting
21. Swim with the Beluga whales at the GA Aquarium
22. Go on a dinner date with a friend 20 different times
23. Go to brunch at least 10 times
24. Read through the entire Bible
25. Send our Compassion kid a letter once a month for a year - I'm so glad I put this down because it has prompted me to do this more. Now I'm off to write our May letter! (3/12)
26. Have our friends over for a Crawfish Boil- Boom Bam! I get to do this this weekend. Don't tell them it's my first time every cooking crawfish. Oh yeah, and I can't eat the stuff. I'm such a good friend. Cooking my friends the good stuff (or so I'm told) and I can't even eat it! Booooo allergies
27. Go to a home game at Mississippi State- Woo hoo! Can't wait for October. We have our weekend picked out.
28. Run a 5k
29. Run the Peachtree Road Race
30. Go see my grandfather's grave in Arlington National Cemetery
31. Make a photo book of our wedding pictures Completed 3.20.14
32. Make a photo book of our honeymoon pictures Completed 3.19.14
33. Learn how to make my momma's famous fried chicken - Some time around my birthday this is going down. Every time I talk to my mom I pump her up for my birthday meal because I'm her only daughter and I deserve the most labor intensive meal to make. Or something like that. *That is extreme sarcasm. I'm just the smartest kid and choose the best meal my momma knows how to cook <-- That last sentence is not sarcasm*
34. Learn how to make a quilt
35. Get our wedding quilt finished - My mother-in-law and I are working on this baby!
36. Buy our first house
37. Go snow skiing
38. Get professional pictures taken of us
39. Take a picture together every year on our anniversary- 1/3 
40. Throw a bridal shower for a very dear friend
41. Get a dog Completed 3.28.14
42. Host Thanksgiving or Christmas
43. Take a cooking class at The Viking School
44. Take a class at Sip n Stroke with Pat
45. Put our paintings from the class on display
46. Get the Bible Verses from our wedding printed and framed for display
47. Write down our wedding vows and keep them in my Bible for a daily reminder of our covenant
48. Have the college students Pat is coaching over for dinner
49. Get that nice camera I have been eyeing for years Completed 4.20.14
50. Learn how to use that camera
51. Go to Mardi Gras
52. Go to the Sun Dial restaurant
53. Go eat where we had our rehearsal dinner Completed 5.10.14
54. Make lasagna from scratch
55. Go on a date to the Food Truck Park here in Atlanta Completed 3.22.14
 56. Send out Christmas cards
57. Be done with Christmas shopping before Thanksgiving
58. Go back to Harry Potter World
59. Bake Pat a cake for his 26th and 27th birthdays
60. Plan a Eurotrip for 2016
61. Get the French version of Rosetta Stone
62. Brush up on my French and keep my ear using Rosetta Stone
63. Send a package to my French family filled with their favorite American goodies
64. Go to the doctor and get a shot/blood drawn without crying
65. Don't buy anything that isn't on my grocery list at least 10 times
66. Ride a paddle boat in the tidal basin in front of the Jefferson Memorial
67. Go on a Girls' Trip
68. Organize my closet Completed 3.24.14
69. Go for a run every day after work for a month
70. Bike all the way around Stone Mountain without stopping or walking
71. Take a picture in the church we got married in on our first anniversary Completed 5.11.14
72. Take a picture at our reception sight on our first anniversary- I completely dropped the ball on this one. We just didn't do it. No way around that.
73. Dance to our first dance song on our 1st, 2nd and 3rd anniversaries- Dropped the ball on this one too. Somehow this never crossed my mind the day of.
74. Give up soda for a month (and maybe forever?!)- Hahahaha, I must have been dreaming when I wrote this.  
75. Save up for a new car
76. Get our couch cleaned- Yeeeeeeeah, this was supposed to make me do this when I published this darn list. Gross. I need to do that now. Oooor in a month when it fits into our budget.
77. Hike Kennesaw Mountain for the first time since high school
78. Take pictures of Pat in the goal- Welp, better charge up that camera. Have to do it this weekend or else I'll be dropping the ball again for good.
79. Reenact our engagement pictures in front of the ATL skyline
80. Send a friend a package just because
81. Try five new fruits at the Farmer's Market
82. Make beignets for breakfast one day
83. Have breakfast for dinner one night
84. Sell our a piece of furniture made by us
85. Sell a baked good (people keep telling me to do this)
86. Learn how to make my momma's famous Potato Soup
87. Dust around our house once a week for a month (aka get into the habit of it)
88. Buy a strangers meal
89. Go ice skating
90. Make a ginger bread house
91. Plant an herb garden Completed 3.8.14
92. Spend an hour laying outside and looking at the stars
93. Finish the Game of Thrones series
94. Go to Oktoberfest in Helen
95. Go on a picnic
96. Host a dinner party
97. Go to the zoo
98. Finish all of my name change stuff Completed 4.4.14 (I know you're all really sad that there's not an extremely thrilling blog post about my time spent at the DMV and SS office)
99. Make ice cream/sorbet from scratch
100. Fly a kite
101. Do a random act of kindness at least 5 times

I mean I'm pretty proud of myself for actually getting some of these things done. I love that I am being pushed to get some things done that I would otherwise never do. This is making me get out and enjoy my city more. Here's to powering through and getting more done this summer! Can't wait to share some of these adventures with y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from those of you that stop by. So leave a comment and let me know what you think. I respond to comments via e-mail. If you have your profile set up to no-reply then I can't send you a reply and that makes me sad because I love comments! They make me giddy and sometimes make my day :)