Image Map

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Weekends are for celebrating

This weekend we got to celebrate so many different things. Some big, some not so big.

1- We celebrated the life of Pat's grandfather. He was such a wonderful man who was kind to everyone he met. You always left him feeling like a better person. That motivated Pat and I to want to be that kind of person to others around us.

2- We celebrated my dad's birthday. We got to go out as a family and enjoy a great dinner. Those times are few and far in between with Pat and I juggling our crazy schedules, then add in the schedule of a senior in high school, a Delta pilot, and a Delta flight attendant. It's a miracle we can all get in the same place at the same time!


My sister and I
3- I have the most wonderful in-laws in the world and they gave us our 1st anniversary present this weekend. They said they wanted to pay for half of the camera we have been saving up for, so we got ourselves a pretty new DLSR camera this weekend. I am so so excited! Pat and I both have been playing with it already.

In. Love.
4- I have been celebrating my cousin Brooke and the other runners running the Boston Marathon tomorrow. This has been a life long dream for Brooke and she was spurned on even more after the events at the marathon last year. I'm afraid to say I won't be getting a lot of work done tomorrow because I'll be watching to see the moment she crosses the finish line.


5- My mom and I celebrated something that has been 3 years in the making. My mom is a master gardener, and she planted two peony plants for me three years ago. She finally got her first bloom this year and it is a beaut!


6- Last but certainly not least, we celebrated Easter and the resurrection of our Savior. It never fails, I always tear up at some point of Easter service. It is so overwhelming to know that someone loves me and everyone else enough to give himself up for us. What a wonder, wonderful love! I pray that I become more like Christ every day and that those around me can see Him in me.

Post Easter service with Pat and my brothers
I hope y'all had plenty to celebrate this weekend. Celebrating even the smallest things makes life so much more exciting! Have a great week y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from those of you that stop by. So leave a comment and let me know what you think. I respond to comments via e-mail. If you have your profile set up to no-reply then I can't send you a reply and that makes me sad because I love comments! They make me giddy and sometimes make my day :)