Image Map

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Canon, Nikon, Pentax ... Help!

As I mentioned on my 101 in 1001 list, I have really been coveting a nice camera for at least 5 years now. I think it really might be more like 7 years. All this time has allowed me to put some serious research into that huge purchase, but I am still insanely overwhelmed!

Pat has a hard time discussing this subject with me because he just doesn't understand the point of spending that kind of money on a camera. He's not a big picture person (which is the strangest thing in the world to me). Then there is me ... I love pictures. Love. Them. So much so that when I start planning a trip, party, dinner I always think out ahead of time what will look best in pictures. I guess you could say that's in my blood. My uncle has been a professional photographer since the 80s and was voted the best wedding photographer in Florida (when he still did weddings) for about 5 years. Also, to add to it being in my blood I am named after my photographer uncle. It was destiny!

I have always leaned more towards a Canon, but I wanted to research the different brands to learn more. I think I have just overwhelmed myself even more. I don't understand all of the technical terms and just get lost when I'm trying to learn more about the cameras.

What are your suggestions? Do you have a nice camera? What brand takes the best quality picture in your mind?

I don't want to spend $1000 on a camera right now. I would love to not go above $800, but I want a quality camera that will last for years to come.

HELP!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from those of you that stop by. So leave a comment and let me know what you think. I respond to comments via e-mail. If you have your profile set up to no-reply then I can't send you a reply and that makes me sad because I love comments! They make me giddy and sometimes make my day :)