Image Map

Monday, March 3, 2014

Long week, short weekend

I don't think I have ever needed a weekend as badly as I needed this past weekend. For some reason the industry my company is in just blew up last week and everyone in the office was a walking zombie by the weeks end. This weekend felt like a godsend. I feel rejuvenated and just wish we could have made it to church yesterday  but a little thing called soccer got in our way of that. It always seems to do that ;)

How can you not feel rejuvenated when you get to spend time with this sweet thing??
Sweet Bode is officially the center of attention
That face... My brother was trying to take a selfie of Bode, haha
I don't think it's any secret around here that I love France and all things French. Pat and I like to make breakfast once every weekend, and I decided to switch things up this week. We made crêpes and pretended like we were back in France for the morning. It was glorious. Glorious, I tell ya!
Chocolate and strawberries. Noms.
Pat plays on an amateur soccer team, and I got to go and watch him play yesterday. He really is so good at what he does soccer wise. It's no wonder he got to fulfill a life dream and play professionally in Europe. 
He's the goalie and he saved that PK. I have to brag just a little ;)
The weather yesterday was amazing. It was sunny and in the 70s almost the entire day. Today, my sunburn is a harsh reminder of how wonderful the weather was yesterday and how awful it is today. We are in the midst of a 40 degree temperature drop. I should be used to the crazy swings of weather in the south by now, but I can't help that I wish the weather from yesterday had stuck around a little longer.

I hope you all got to enjoy a relaxing weekend and are ready to take the week by storm. Happy Monday and here's to a fabulous week!








No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from those of you that stop by. So leave a comment and let me know what you think. I respond to comments via e-mail. If you have your profile set up to no-reply then I can't send you a reply and that makes me sad because I love comments! They make me giddy and sometimes make my day :)